1.25.2010

Discretionary Spending: Senator Calls For Freeze

Senator Evan Bayh (D-Ind.), makes an urgent plea to Obama, calling for a freeze on discretionary spending.

'"The president could say in his State of the Union address, I'm going to include in my budget a freeze on discretionary spending, I'm drawing a line in the sand, and I'm going to use my veto pen to enforce that," Bayh said on Bloomberg's "Political Capital."
Pressed by host Al Hunt if Obama would actually make such a statement, Bayh said "I think there's a fighting chance that he will."
Obama is expected to address jobs and the economy in his State of the Union address on Wednesday. A large portion of voter anger over the economy has centered around the $1.4 trillion deficit, a post-war record."

I would say an even larger portion of voter anger over the economy is the dismal job market, declining dollar (while health care and other COL factors continue to climb) and the broken promises of this administration.

No comments: