1.19.2009

Bush Exits. Now Who Will We Joke About?

It just hit me. Bush is leaving. Yeah great and all of that, but suddenly, with great shock and sadness, I realized:

Who will I poke fun of now?

I don't do much of that here on this blog, but I do at home, with friends and family.

I've enjoyed doing the laughing shoulder shrug/snort.

I've loved saying "nucular".

I've laughed seeing his verbal mishaps, hooted while watching him walk offstage to a nearby door that was locked only to stand there like the goofball he is waiting for someone to remind him "pssst George, try the other door".

Will any of us ever be able to look at a monkey in the zoo with the same eyes?

I mean people, think about it. This is really a sad moment in history.

Smirking will now be out of fashion...

My Pet Goat won't be known anymore for literary brilliance...

Red neck talk and misspelled words will stop being funny and will now become annoying again...

Hearing a President say "we're kicking ass" will now seem rather strange...

And hey, who will we now have at which to throw our shoes?

I mean Obama is going to end up pissing us all off (some later than others), but you know, he's just too damn smart, too excellent of an orator, so thrown shows simply wouldn't make us laugh.

Sigh...

So this is it, Georgie Boy, ya pompous narcissistic little tyrant. This is farewell. Whatcha thinking tonight? Are you having dreams of new adventures? Or are you having your usual dream scenario of grilled cheese sandwiches? You were a soul-sucking nightmare for so many people, but I gotta say: you will be missed. In some strange, twisted way that I don't wish to even touch much less explore, you will be missed.

2 comments:

Devin said...

Nina-5 huge stars for this post!!!-Loved it! Thanks also for supporting me at my place-hehe -totally-whatever will we do without 'Noookular' best to you as always!

Nina said...

:) thank you devin. i enjoyed writing it. and thank you as well for supporting my little space.