3.13.2008

Ineptness of Blue Cross Blue Shield

This criminal cow-dung corporation has their own definition of efficiency. Look it up in the Health Insurance Dictionary and you will find the following: "ef fi' ciency, n. To pay late. To ignore claims. To lose claims."

I submitted a claim two months ago. I called last month and was told there was nothing on file and to give it another week. So I called at the end of the month and was told it was in processing. I called again the first week of this month and was told it was still in processing. I called again this week and was told there was no record of any such claim, nor was there any record of me calling about it.

Nice try, folks. Look again.

I was transferred to someone else. Same response. I was even able to provide dates and the names of people I spoke with. Nope. No record. So I had to re-fax the information all over again. Before I hung up, I was informed the claim would likely be denied. I already knew that, but I played along anyway and asked why.

"It's a natural supplement, that's why."

"I know," I said.

"You can get them over the counter," said genius insurance employee.

"Not these. These only can be prescribed through a medical professional," sayeth I.

"But still, they are natural supplements. Not actual medications."

"No, the prescription isn't for one of those toxic, addictive pharmaceutical drugs. It is a natural supplement, the kind that actually work, the kind that, for most, have no side effects, the most being some mild stomach upset. And it is not something created, manipulated or controlled by Big Pharmaceuticals, who are in bed with you."

A beautiful silence followed, to which I said I'd re-fax the information and would appreciate the expense being covered.

I knew submitting this claim to such a criminal enterprise was not going to generate a positive result, but I figured it was worth a shot. And I can always appeal. And appeal. And appeal. I'm out of work and I have all the time in the world to dedicate to this cause. If anything, I'll become a pain in the ass. So much so that they may need to take some supplements for awhile. I wonder if they would have to pay for those out-of-pocket...

No comments: