4.22.2008

A Variety of Ramblings on This Earth Day

I need to start a movement. A movement where we stop all of this political bickering and ask ourselves what it is we want and need. I can guarantee most people (outside of the political and big business circle that is) want peace. Most want clean air and water and food. Most want to have the right to speak, say, do, be, and live however they want. Big business and political circles love this bickering we engage in. It keeps us divided. It keeps us detached and addicted to the System and all that the System tells us is right and wrong, good and bad.

We can do better. We must do better.

**
In a moment of frustrating verbal rantings last week, the following came out of my mouth:

"If you don't knock it off, I'm going to stick my hand up your ass. You must have brain matter somewhere and it's obviously not in your head."

I do, afterall, have a rather mischevious dark side. Or as my southern friend says, "You're a born smart-ass, honey child."

**
It's earth day. I don't know how to celebrate it. I think holiday's are a bit silly actually. Each day alive should be enough for us to consider one another and the environment around us. Stores are having sales today, prompting people to drive and spend, feeding the System. That's good for the earth in what way?

**
I'm about ready to post naked pictures or talk about celebrities to get some friggin' interest in this blog again. No one interested in what I have to say anymore??

**
Our world needs some of that feminine energy in a big way. We're completely out of balance. I'm not talking about men and women. I'm talking about energy and the behaviors that follow. Masculine energy is about power. Feminine energy is about nurturing. We all have both energies as part of our make-up. They've been suppressed and as such, over-utilized and under-utilized as a result.

**
It was spoken to me over the weekend that "This planet can be a paradise." This is from someone who is politically awake and disgusted. It was nice to hear. And unless we hold out for that, we may as well give up and bury our heads. Without hope to guide us, we're nothing but physical matter on auto-pilot. A good place to start is by participating in my 10:10 International Hour of Prayer. I already blogged about it so I won't detail it again.

**
We're buying a Def Leppard compilation CD. Both the Mr. and I are huge DL fans. I hear their music, I want it turned up loud. And I admit, it makes me want to crank it up around kids who play that rap music and thumping bass and say "Hear this? THIS is music, sweetheart!" Maybe add in a little Bart Simpson "eat my shorts" obnoxiousness. Of course, I could also say the same about The Beatles, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Clapton, Elvis, Glenn Miller, Bonnie Raitt...

**
A little trivia for ya. Folks up in Alaska put on their flip flops when the temp rises above 50 degrees.

**
Some more trivia. Voting Is Bad For Your Health.

No comments: