2.01.2008

Love Is The Answer

Love's been on my mind this week. The songs I've been listening to, which include Sheryl Crow's "Love Is A Good Thing" (excellent psychadelic/funk sound, btw for those who haven't heard it) have been inspiring me to remember that love is the answer. It can be that simple, I keep thinking. I keep thinking this because I know it.

So I was further inspired to read the following, written by David Icke, found on his site this morning. While the rational, logical brain indeed has its place, we must begin from that place of love if we are to ever truly change those things we believe need changing. And I was indeed further inspired to read "the problems are just too big, there's nothing we can do", how false that is, considering I've been told that since I came into this world with my idealistic beliefs/visions. (Now I'm seeing they aren't just idealistic but realistic.) Love is a good thing. So is validation now and then...
***
One of the classic traits of system-think is to see problems, and therefore solutions, in terms of complexity. The system loves complexity because it entraps the mind in bewilderment and therefore inaction. ‘The problems are just too big, there’s nothing we can do.’

Mind, or what I call ‘body consciousness’, is imprisoned by complexity, but expanded consciousness takes a point of observation that can see the obvious: the apparently complex is actually real simple. For me, true genius is seeing the simple in the complicated, and body consciousness, or ‘mind’, can be a right dummy when it comes to this. It has a ‘simplicity filter’ and so can’t see the forest for the twigs.

Here’s an example of what I mean:

How do we solve the problems of all these wars and conflicts, and all the suffering, poverty and political infighting?

Body consciousness answer: we must have conferences and UN votes and send more troops and have G8 summits and marches through the streets.

Higher consciousness answer: We must love each other.

And no, that’s not just a trite one-liner from a New Age workshop. It is a fundamental truth from which all else comes.

Love: the universal language.

No comments: