12.12.2007

On Competition and Sharing

Received another "we've been overwhelmed with applicants if we are interested in you we will be in touch" letter.

Competition. It's great if you're considered one of "the best" in whatever field you're interested in. It sucks to no end when you're not.

I truly dislike competing with others when it comes to looking for work. I've been told to make it into a game. Why? Life is one giant game anyway, in the way the System has been set up. Survival of the fittest. And I hate it. I truly truly utterly completely hate it. I won't be sucking it up. I won't be going along with it quietly. Nope. I'll be making it clear every step of the way how much the System does not resonate with WHO I AM. And this woman is finished with being WHO I AM NOT.

I read some comments online yesterday about creating wealth. You can tell who has created it and who hasn't. Those who haven't were saying they just want a piece of the pie. They work hard, too. Those who have it were blaming those who don't by saying it's your own fault if you don't have it.

Generating wealth is about who you know and what you know and think. Who you know in terms of inheriting it, who you know in terms of being given capital to fund an idea, who you know in terms of being bailed out if your wealth generating idea fails. What you know in terms of both what you've been taught and your mental ability. What you think in terms of what you've been told about money.

We're all different. While we each have the worth and the right to create and obtain great wealth, not all of us have the ability to do so given the System that's in place. As I always point out to those who love to say "anyone can be rich" diatribe, "ok, so you really believe the system could support it if every one of us were bill gates and oprah winfrey?"

Uh huh. Tell me another one.

Not only that, there's the whole planetary/resource subject, which the biggest resource hungry elites grossly neglect to realize. These businesses and folks create the worst kind of crime every day, a crime that is, sadly, celebrated.

Freedom is a hard pill to swallow. It comes with great responsibility. It comes with the truth that there exists more than just me myself and I. We share this place. This is our home. We don't own it. We share it. Let's do so generously and kindly and respectfully. Afterall, wouldn't it feel better when, at the end of our lives, we can look back and see how much we shared with those who had less instead of seeing how much wealth and resources we amassed at the often great expense of others?

Live simply so that others may simply live. Good words to follow. Necessary if we are to survive as a species on this planet.

No comments: