12.14.2007

Give Us Your Pee, Your Blood, Your Credit History, Your Criminal Background and Then Maybe We'll Give You A Job For $10/hour

Sheot. Where does I sign up??

I really don't know how much more of this job search I can take. Granted, I'm only about 2 months into it, but inside I feel finished. My current "sorry your job is on hold we still have no more work for you for the time being" position took me about a year to find and land. I don't have it in me to do another year of this.

I could suck it up, do what it takes, and probably find something. I don't care to do that though. My eyes have been opened up for some time now about the reality of the work world. About the enslavement of the masses. About the abuse workers endure in order so that their corporate elitist employers can buy another lexus or vacation home. I'm already enslaved in other ways. Why add one more to the list?

Because money is needed to meet basic survival needs. And without some from me, we struggle. And I don't want to see that happen anymore than we already have.

I thought we were here to learn about and live in love instead of living such ignorance and fear. Using people isn't what America is supposed to be about. The heart shares. The self-centered survivalist part of us steals, uses and hoards. I know when it comes down to it, most people, even the corporate-types, would agree. And yet how many care enough to DO something?

Not enough.

It's a joke we have "In God We Trust" on our currency. An insult to the concept of God. Better to have the truth: In God We Worship on Sunday's for an hour and then we go home and put those lessons aside. In Money We Worship M-S.

Oregon Employers: Blood, pee and background checks will be granted to you if you provide the same for me in kind, for there is one thing I will not be sacrificing: and that is my belief that the employment relationship is a two-way street. I will take your using me to further pad your portfolio, I will take your insulting wages and your utter lack of benefits, but I will not be sharing parts of my body and personal life unless that goes two-ways as well.

No comments: