11.29.2007

Ted Turner: A Walking Example of Gluttony

Well, it seems as though the elite just cannot get enough. Ted Turner has now aquired more than 2 million acres of land. If this isn't an example of greed gone wild, I don't know what is. I could support such efforts if a large part of his purpose was to feed the hungry and building affordable housing. Considering he has no intention to do anything of the sort, his actions are nothing more than dispicable.

Now before anyone begins to preach to me about land ownership rights, let me say this to you: This nation, this planet, is so desperately out of balance. Native species continue to die unnecessarily every second of every day because of people like Ted Turner. People are going without basic necessities, without adaquate food and shelter, because of the mind-set and power of people like Ted Turner. The truth is, THIS PLANET BELONGS TO US ALL and as such, WE ARE ALL REQUIRED TO SHARE THE RESOURCES RESPONSIBLY. Period. END OF STORY.

Imagine what this land could be used for. Some of it could be kept private and native, away from the hands of the government and greedy developers. Some could be used to build affordable housing for people. Some could be used to grow organic, GMO-free food for the hungry. Some could be used to build free medical clinics for the poor. Good god in heaven, that is exactly what I would be doing if I had that kind of wealth. But then again, I'm an idealist who holds the vision and belief that we're all in this human experience together, whereby value, worth and human dignity have no bearing on what job one has, what ones income is, what ones race or gender or age is, etc. etc. etc..

Hence the fact that I sometimes wonder why I came here to begin with...

No comments: