11.16.2007

Some Good News...And Some Good Eats

Well it seems all is not lost, in terms of my musical connection with What If Productions. I've been having numerous e-mail exchanges between the two partners and it turns out the audio director, the man who recorded me and has my material, bailed, leaving the cast and crew and co-owner/creative director of What If in a real bind. The Audio Director is refusing to honor our contract and has become, quite honestly, a flake in diapers. The Creative Director however is willing to help me in any way he can. He's doing what he can to get my material to me and he passed along the name of a mediator he knows to try and "encourage" the Audio Director to fulfill the contract by providing me with a song of my choice. I promptly called the mediator, who it turns out is actually a lobbyist. Egads. I said "so you're no more trained at mediation than I am" and he laughed and said "not really." However, he worked with the two guys during the dissolution of What If, and he offered to speak with the Audio Director. I took him up on his offer so we shall see...

In the interim, the Creative Director is still interested in collaborating with me, musically speaking, so all is not lost afterall.

In other news, I read in a publication out of the UK that we (the planet) are experiencing a "peak gold" situation. It seems as though the gold is running out. Miners are having to dig deeper to find the stash and are starting to come up empty-handed. Gold is now around $785 an ounce, down from around $825/oz last week. We may just invest in it afterall. For if indeed we are going to experience a peak gold situation, that will only drive up the price.

And now for some good eats. I'm one of those peanut butter, mac/cheese, beanie/weanie type of comfort-food eaters, not all together, mind you. I never outgrew those childhood favorites. I make a killer homemade mac and cheese. And I've found an awesome peanut butter at the local co-op store. I don't know the brand name, just the bulk bin item number: 3036. It comes in a huge plastic jug. It's the chunky variety and has no sugar or other crap to interfere with the peanut taste. Oh god, I love it!! In fact, as I type, it's sitting next to me. Today it's being slathered on apples, also purchased at the co-op.

In my search for mediation training, I came across a program, back in Vermont. Sounds like a very good program, the only drawback being the cost. $29,000. Yikes!! Don't know about that idea yet... I haven't found anyone here locally interested in studying mediation through an online course, work the program together. I'll keep trying...

Don't wanna talk about the job search. I should probably do some more when I sign off, but I'll probably go play video poker on our xbox. I did receive my first rejection letter today. Shit. Where's the kahlua...

On a side note, Mr. Nina saw Kip Schoning today, live and in person. He (Mr. S) visited Mr. Nina's place of employment. I became all animated, saying "wait, wait, don't tell me what he looks like. LET ME GUESS!" I love doing that--sometimes I'm right on. Other times, I'm way off. Today, I was as off as it comes. I have pictured Mr. Schoning as having very short hair, always wearing a white shirt, stiffened with a bunch of starch, dress slacks, tie, gold wrist watch, no rings other than perhaps a thin wedding band. Ha! The REAL Mr. S looks like, as Mr. Nina put it, a blast from the past grateful dead following hippie. He had long hair, held back in a ponytail, casual clothes, gold chains and gold rings (ring plural being the emphasis). Not suprising was his air of arrogance Mr. Nina said he had as well as the brand new 2008 Red BMW in which he drove. He was also really sweaty. Probably from having to haul around all of that cash...or run from angry tenants.

I wonder how many tenants he fucked over to pay for his car... Ya knows we's gots corruption right here in mayberry when the likes of a landlord such as him is allowed to continue doing business. Don't know why former tenants haven't pulled together and filed a class action suit. God knows I've had enough comments and e-mails from former tenants on my posts here and elsewhere about him. Mr. City Housing Authority guy summed it up when he said, about Mr. S, "The stories I could tell you..." Couldn't pump him for any further information.

Maybe next time I'll invite him over for mac and cheese and peanut butter on apples.

No comments: