11.07.2007

Deep Thoughts

Any of you remember that spoof Al Franken used to do on Saturday Night Live, Deep Thoughts? That's the subject line that came to me as I thought about what to title this blog. Title's are difficult at times for me. They tend to interfere with the ramblings running through my mind. Maybe I just need to put in a capital X.

Anyway, the subject was sparked as I posted on tim's blog, about an experience I had last night. Instead of writing about the experience, I want to pass along some of the lyrics to the music I was listening to. Then you can post what they mean to you. Deep thoughts. Let's get those juices going and talk about something else other than poverty and corruption and war and economic demise.

Lenny Kravitz. I love his music. I especially love his lyrics. Psychadelic funk and rock infused with love. Here are some of the lyrics I have an affinity for. Tell me what comes to mind for you on one or two or all....

"I am you, and you are me. Why is that such a mystery."

"Cause being free's a state of mind. One day leave this all behind."

"I was born, long ago. I am the chosen I am the one."

"We must engage and rearrange, and turn this planet back to one."

2 comments:

crallspace said...

I think DEEP Thoughts was by Jack Handey, who I think has a gig somewhere on NPR these days.

tkn said...

the ultimate one-ness of it all. the great singularity from the God's eye view.

hope for the future.