9.09.2007

Idea

While Uncle Sam continues to spend billions of dollars on its wars, Corporations who benefit from war see an equal amount of profit. In short, the people get screwed while Corporate America gets even wealthier.

I have an idea to change this. It would force Corporations to look at war first and foremost as a necessity to truly protect ones country (and take a very close look at whether the "war" on the table is even necessary) instead of what it is today: A Money Making Opportunity. For every dollar of profit these companies make as a result of war, they must put that money to good use. It can be divided up between giving to those nations whom we have bombed to hell and back to help repair their infrastructure (and for goodness sake, HIRE THE PEOPLE OF THE COUNTRY to help do the rebuilding and PAY THEM A LIVING WAGE). These dollars can be given to Social Service programs here in the States that have continued to see cuts due to their wars. It can be given to the service personnel who return home, in need of services for their physical and emotional/mental wounds. It can be given to the widows at home and in those nations with whom we are waging war.

I know this smacks in the face of a Free Market. And yet as anyone with a thinking brain and an equally open heart and mind knows, free does not equal fair. It is time to inject that fairness back into the market (or should I say, inject it back into our consciousness and thus, our actions). I don't know about you, but I am finished with listening to our leaders talk about god. I am finished with seeing cars with bumper stickers that have the jesus symbol AND bush stickers/pro-war stickers. I am finished with listening to the usual banter from people so stuck in their ways, so completely and utterly unwilling to take a step forward in consciousness and awareness. (And FYI, I have had a complete change in my thinking in many ways over the past 10 plus years so if yours truly, stubborn and resistant as hell sometimes can do it, SO CAN YOU. As I tell myself, I am a work in progress.) Mostly, I am Finished with people unwilling to be open to new ideas.

Again, anyone with a thinking brain must know how we conduct "business as usual", both here in the states and around the globe IS NOT WORKING FOR THE MAJORITY. But I also know if it works for someone, they don't want anything to change. To that I say the following: This planet belongs to us ALL. The resources belong to us ALL. The wealth that is generated belongs to us ALL. All of the wonderful luxuries, the beauty, the joys, the pleasures of being alive belong to us ALL. Equally. I know we are addicted to telling ourselves "well I am worthy and they are not". You think your god is saying that? Not a loving thought, is it?

Maybe what is needed is a mandatory return to kindergarten.

No comments: