9.17.2007

The Camera Adds 10 Lbs, Right??

Got the vacation photos back this afternoon. Yikes! Shoulders and up, I'm pleased. Hips on down, yep, doing well. Hair--looked fantastic, long, wavy from all that ocean area humidity. However, that middle area........good lord.

I handed the photo to Mr. Nina.

"Do I really look like that??!!" I asked.

He's a good husband. He's well-trained. He knows NEVER EVER to imply in any way, shape or form that I could stand to lose a few pounds.

"No, of course not" he said.

Thank god...

Wait. Why would he say of COURSE not? Does that mean he also thinks I look fat in that certain area on my body?? If he thinks I look fat in the picture, maybe I am fat. Maybe he does think I am fat in real life! Oh god...

He came to my rescue by pulling out a picture of him, which was less than flattering around his mid-section as well. And I know for sure that Mr. Nina is a lot of things, but one thing he most definitely is not is fat--anywhere.

"There. Lookit that," he said, pointing at the picture. "THAT is fat! And I know I don't see that when I look in the mirror." And with that, he let it go. Of course he did. He's a guy.

However, 7 hours later, I'm still obsessing over my photo. At the time, I was posing, thinking how beautiful and sexy I looked. And I distinctly remember sucking in my stomach too, only in the photo it looks as though I am pushing O U T not I N.

It's the camera, I tell myself, trying to comfort myself. It adds 10 pounds. Remember, that's what they always say about people on tv! (If that is indeed true, there are a lot of ghastly skinny people in the entertainment industry.) It ain't you. Blame it on the camera! Yeah. There, I feel better now.

Of course, it could always be some conspiracy at the photo development place. Maybe they use photoshop, airbrush fat in. Hell, they're always taking it out, surely they can add it in.

Oh well, fall's here, winters around the corner. That means long t-shirts and sweaters. No more little tank tops. I can hide my fat until next year.

Of course I could always do stomach crunches. I dance now and then for exercise, but I've really never been a regular at doing anything consistently that I know is good for me. I could get one of those yoga balls and do those exercises that focus on the core of the body, those exercises that produce awesome results, but look like you have to be a gymnast to perform. Or at least limber. And under 30.

Nah. I'll just toss on a sweatshirt and tell myself the camera adds 10 pounds. The camera adds 10 pounds. The camera adds 10 pounds................................

No comments: