5.24.2007

An Absent Rosie, The View and No "Loose Change"

Before I begin I want to say am not a fan of The View. I've watched it for a moment or two at a time this past year, but overall, the show bores me. Today though I made an exception. The folks who created "Loose Change" were to be on so I made myself watch it from start to finish. In between the moments when I wanted to gag myself (and ok, drooling when seeing Apolo Ono), I waited patiently for that interview. It never happened. Before I turned on the tube, I double-checked the show's website to make sure the Loose Change people would be on. Yep. It said they would be on. However, I noticed that the oooooh so annoying Kathy Griffin would be filling in for Rosie. WTF? I thought. Rosie is the one who wanted these folks on. Why wouldn't she be interviewing them?

Something didn't feel right, so I went to Rosie's website. The only thing she had to say about today's show was that, due to her partner's birthday, she would not be on.

Rosie saying "due to my partner's birthday I will not be on the show tomorrow" holds as much truth as when she said she wouldn't be returning to The View this fall due to a "contract dispute".

We know what (likely) happened. The argument between Rosie and Elisabeth yesterday likely made the producers very nervous. Rosie showed her bosses and America she is not going to step down from her truth-seeking agenda. I'm sure with some help from Uncle Sam, ABC decided to cancel the interview with the Loose Change folks and asked Rosie to take a few days off.

Of course this is just speculation. And it will likely remain speculation for we all know the relationship big business and uncle sam has with We The People. Glossy cover-ups, logic, big-sounding words softely spoken and phony smiles supercede truth.

If I hear of anything different (from credible sources) than my own perspective, I'll update.

4 comments:

nolocontendere said...

Looks like Rosie was finally booted from the show. Gabbling about fluff finally won out.

nolocontendere said...

I found a site that saysRosie was deliberately ambushed by the producer and that whiny blond Xtian, who's only claim to fame as I understand it is that she was once on Survivor and is married to a jock.
Now that she's out, don't expect any more questioning of 9/11.

Nina said...

thanks for the link. i also checked out rosie's blog and have gathered that the producer's decision to do the split-screen coupled with his refusal to go to commercial was enough for rosie to walk away early.

and yep--no more 9/11 questioning. i had a thought today--even though ratings went up on the view, i wonder if it was more about controversy and less about people really listening to what rosie had to say. call it the jerry springer mentality.

nolocontendere said...

You could be on to something there. It's possible that what she had to say was too complicated or possibly considered oh so silly by the show's target audience, but they sure were tittering when the shouting started a la O'Reilly.