12.12.2006

potential to make more income

'tis the answer i received from the local hospital's financial/billing office. the question? we need financial assistance for a hospital bill can you please help us? after turning in our income statement for the prior 12 months, even though we fall within their own income guidelines for free care, stephanie (skank bitches name who is now on my personal shit list) decided to decline our request because of our earning potential. she claims it can be more.

no shit, sherlock. it can be a lot more. for us. and many others.

when i was told this by her assistant, i laughed and said "ok and your point is....." ? that was before i flipped my lid..........

so now i get to (ok, choose to) appeal where upon i must explain to them why i am only working part-time (their main issue was with me and my part-time employment) and lay out the steps i have taken to find additional part-time work. oh goodie. let's revisit the last year of employment-seeking hell. just in time for the holidays, too!

i will make sure i include my latest fiasco, where upon i was sold yet another lie by a biz owner who, after having me do some work for him over the course of a few weeks, decided the stresses of life were eating away at him, so he took off for some r & r. "i will call you when i return and assign you more work," he said. he returned, but no phone call arrived. i contacted him. "i am not quite ready to assign you work. please bear with me." i waited a few weeks and contacted him yet again. biz owner, who is now a royal jackass in my book, said "oh but wait, there is no work for you. it was never my intention that you wait for me. (oh really??? i believe the terms "i will have work for you" and "please bear with me" constitute WAITING.) i will be off for the holidays. (and you were going to tell me this when???) and i have put all contract work on hold. (again, you were going to tell me this when???)"

my response to his bullshit diatribe has yet to receive a response.

if life were fair and just, which is to say if people (like the above) were fair and just, i would receive compensation for this type of inconsiderate crap. until then, i get to explain to employees like stephanie, young enough to be my f'ing child and who hasn't a clue what it's like to look for work in today's market, why i am worthy of some financial assistance and justify what i have done to seek additional work this past year. i despise doing this and desire, instead, to tell her to bend over so i can kick her ass into the next county. or at least out of her cushy little job. let me have it. she can walk in my shoes for awhile. maybe then she'll catch a clue............

No comments: