12.07.2006

hey, see ya later employment world!

i am finished with the employment world. FINISHED. DONE. i am DONE applying for companies that want me to work a part-time job and where i must be ENSLAVED to these greedy motherfuckers every shift, all hours, every fucking day of the week. i am DONE applying for companies that want me to provide a million year background check, provide my urine and blood to make sure i haven't been smoking any crack (which at this point in the game IS STARTING TO BECOME A VIABLE OPTION in order to deal with the BULLSHIT GAMES OF TODAY'S EMPLOYMENT WORLD. long-term job search and u expect me to be sober???). i am FINISHED with the blood, sweat and tears of applying only to not hear back a god damn fucking thing--in other words, i am respectful of YOUR wishes and yet you aren't respecting mine. i am FINISHED with the insanely long list of skills and experience all for a whopping $8 per hour. woo hoo SIGN ME UP johnny!! i am FINISHED with posting a myriad of resumes on the career sites only to have my e-mail box fill up with nothing but SPAM. i am FINISHED with posting my resume on sites that provide jobs and careers that actually interest me only to have the same fucking results. i am FINISHED with visiting employment websites on a daily basis only to exit the site frustrated and disappointed. why? BECAUSE I CONTINUE TO SEE THE SAME FUCKING ADS I HAVE RESPONDED TO AND HAVEN'T HEARD A FUCKING WORD. i am finished with employment agencies and their bloody stupid endless list of tests and questions, only to be told "oh, we will be able to find you a job, no problem" and following that, only to be told by some perky gum-snapping bimbo upon calling in weekly "oh i am sorry we have nothing today please call back." i am DONE with networking and these STUPID lame-ass classes full of other desperate job seekers, taught by over-paid EMPLOYED lame brains who think this is an excellent place to network, failing to realize that as soon as word of an available job is spoken, especially a GOOD available job, people suddenly make a mad dash to leave. wake up instructors--people are DESPERATE. d e s p e r a t e. the pickings are slim. people do not come here to look for work and help others and socialize. they come for one reason alone: to FIND A JOB. PERIOD. i am DONE talking with others in the same/similar situation, trying to convince them we can put our minds together, come up with our own way of making an income, create our own business, only to realize i am talking to mindless sheep who are still convinced by and enslaved to the "work for another" mentality.

if society, if the working world still expects me to "work for a living" and "pay my own way", then fine. you bring me the fucking job because i am done knocking on doors, searching the web, filling out applications, submitting resumes and researching your stupid companies website. DONE. FINISHED. NO MORE. my mind and body have become chronically burned out, run down and sick as a result of this pathetic waste of time and energy i have put myself through. you want me bad enough? you can come to me. as a wise friend once told me, when i was searching for mr. right, "when the right one comes along, he will know it when he sees you and wild horses won't be able to keep him away from you". she was right. and i figure if this can apply for searching for the right man, it sure as hell can apply for my search for the right job.

so working world, i salute you with the big "FUCK OFF". put myself through one more second of frustration so i can maybe have tiny chance of being selected for an interview, but then only to be told later i am over-qualified or under-qualified? no thank you.
I AM DONE WITH THIS!

No comments: