12.27.2009

Sunday Musings. Or, I Blog Therefore I Am.

20 weeks is upon me. 21 is around the corner. Mr. N's clothing is now something I take interest in as is anything with a drawstring waistline. I no longer roll out of bed without some sort of help from my arms and/or legs (I tried 5 times tonight just to show Mr. N I could still roll outta bed like everyone else. I did not succeed.) People I know see me from the front and now they smile, sometimes patting my belly. (That being said, most have said I am still quite small. None of course are actually pregnant.) Some days I feel beautiful. Other days, frumpy. I now get why women used to wear those mumu's. Ugly as anything but comfort takes on a totally new meaning when your belly is expanding every week. Some days I feel like I'm carrying a small basketball. Other days, a bowling ball. Doing yoga-often daily-is something that is becoming not just a pleasure but a necessity. Things like constipation and indigestion are to be avoided in the same manner in which I avoid religious fanatics. Gentle belly rubs by daddy-to-be are about the best thing I can imagine right now in terms of calming comfort. I can now look at my body in the mirror, sideways, without gasping. Usually I smile but sometimes I still think "oh my god..." I am very protective of my personal space, in particular my belly. A very primitive, instinctive feeling. Reading stories and singing songs to the little-one-to-be are new activities Mr. N and I are really enjoying. Amazing that just 2.5 months ago we were so resistant to this whole experience. Now it has--this little baby has--become the center of our world. And that makes us smile. When we're not still a bit overwhelmed by both the reality and surrealism that is...

***
Listened to a piece on C-Span earlier in the week. Host was interviewing Steve (puke) Forbes and folks were calling in discussing the economy. One guy was nailing truth after truth, showing the obvious flaws and controls of our "free" market capitalistic system. He was cut off after a few moments which left Mr. N and I saying "Hey, let the guy speak!" Mr. Forbes brilliant response was packaged in a nice little system spin game of verbal puppet speak, praising the results of capitalism, worshipping it for how it has allowed for such great achievements and advancements. Of course he left out it has allowed for such things FOR THE FEW AT THE EXPENSE OF THE REST. And of course, his spewing verbage was presented with that evil smile he is known for along with those tiny little lying, lifeless little slits of flesh known to you and I as "eyes". (A surefire way of really reading someone on television is by covering up the lower portion of their faces and looking only at their eyes. The eyes never lie. And for fun, try it the next time you're at church or listening to some globalist give a speech. Just make sure to ask permission to touch their face.)

***
Listened to another interesting piece on The Research Channel today. A female Climatologist was telling the audience the main driving indicator behind today's current changing climate is the Sun. She explained how the ocean and the tundra are the two largest reserves of CO2 and given the fact that temps have indeed been rising due to natural earth cycles, it is the ocean and the tundra that are releasing the most CO2. Not you and I and our automobile and incondescent lightbulb usage. However, that being said, she also added that humankind is indeed speeding up this process. Her belief is that we will continue to see the warming (although the earth is trying to balance herself out by showing signs of cooling but it isn't enough to balance out the scale) before plunging into an Ice Age. Such a setup is simply following a pattern Earth has gone through before.

Some common sense insight. On television. Finally.

As I've said before - follow the money and positions of power behind those who say global climate change is caused by humans. Watch who they blame. Watch how they sit back and enjoy the unnecessary divisiveness both sides of this issue engage in, letting their emotions get the better of them whilst refusing to find any sort of balance OR common sense OR logic from the opposing side--all the while missing the real agenda behind the curtains. Watch as they tell YOU to change whilst they head off to their next million dollar lecture in their limo's and private jets only to return home to their over-sized mansions and rarely used tennis courts and pools. Follow these folks and the stringent policies and controls they are forcing upon you and I while allowing the MAIN polluters (i.e. big biz) to continue on with their destructive ways. Watch as these same folks dismiss REAL change such as allowing for the worldwide growing of Hemp, which could eliminate the need for such environmentally destructive items such as cotton, coal and oil. Power With Hemp, baby.

No comments: