7.03.2007

I Never Thought It Was Possible...

...to bruise a toe. But of course, it is. I guess I just never thought about it. Until last night. I went to the library, which I love doing in the evening, especially in the summer. The streets are quiet. The air has begun to cool. Sleepy town, USA. I love it.

Anyway, so I'm standing in line waiting to check out my books. If I have to stand for any amount of time, I get antsy, so I usually move my feet around, shifting my weight from my right to my left side, that sort of thing. I can remain very still for long periods of time IF I am engaged in an activity I enjoy. Standing in line is not one of them. Plus, I was wearing old sandles, sandles Mr. Nina has been nagging me to throw away because, according to the thoughts that run through his mind, I complain about how they hurt my feet now and then (not that I remember ever doing that of course). While I'm not a pack rat, I have a hard time throwing away shoes that are beyond their ability to be worn. Who knows why. Maybe some childhood trauma or past life issue. Anyway...

So after I had checked out my books, I head back to my car. I noticed my big toe felt kind of sore on the side, but I didn't think much of it. I made a couple more stops before I returned home. Once inside, I sat on the couch and began reading. When I got up to get something to drink awhile later, that's when I realized I had done something. The pain was almost unbelievable. I never knew my big toe could hurt that much. I wrapped it up, went to bed and forgot about it.

Forgot about it until this morning that is. I got out of bed, stepped down on it and OUCH SHIT FUCK! I looked at it--it's purple and yellow. You know, that's always mystified me about bruises. I love the coloring of them and yet, how can something so beautiful hurt so much at times? Kinda like love, huh?

Anyway, walking (normally that is) is pretty much off limits for me until my toe heals. I guess that means I get breakfast in bed, dinner cooked, etc. etc. etc.

p.s.--the sandles are in the garbage.

1 comment:

tkn said...

i had my upper lip pierced today, unintentionally. i'm such a bonehead sometimes.

hope your toe gets better soon!