7.20.2007

Funding Needed for Anti-War Project

The Technical Director from What If Productions and I are talking about doing a video to gather more support in ending the war. Funding is all that is needed. They have the gear. I have a couple of songs to contribute. Anyone have any advice? Or cash?

It's been a real bitch of a week, an absolute emotional roller-coaster. We took our dog, our baby, to the vet to get a fatty lump biopsied. We lost our previous dog to cancer--suddenly--so of course we were both worried. I was more than worried--I was almost beside myself--internally. Lots of old emotional pain from my previous experience came to the surface on top of my worry. Well thank god the cells only consisted of fat! I cried in relief after I hung up from the vet. I then immediately went outside to hug our little pooch, who had been lying on the patio, her ball in between her paws. She wasn't interested in receiving a hug, but was more interested in me throwing her ball for her. Usually I would submit, but today I said "noooo mommy needs to hug you for a little while!"

We're also dealing with a family crisis that's cropped up recently, coming to a head this week. Steps have been taken by another family member to (hopefully) get some outside help into the picture, but you know what can happen when people, especially family, intervene. Anyway, there's been a lot of phone calls, discussions. WORRYING. This is a heavy, serious scenario and I've been wondering if the right decision was made. Is there ever a "right" decision in sitches like this??

I also dealt with filing a complaint against a worker at a local agency, after some personal reflection and being advised by the worker's supervisor to do so. That meant phone calls, and being it is a government office, A TON OF MISCOMMUNICATION that I won't even bother to go into. It's over, I got the validation I was seeking.

Anyway, it's Friday afternoon. The weather continues to be unusually (and beautifully) cool, cloudy and damp. After our mini heatwave last week, I stepped outside one evening and said "I small Fall already." I'm off to finish some editing work then perhaps pop open a cold bottle of mirror pond ale. I'm not much of a drinker in any way shape or form, but after this week the idea of slowly sipping on something like this sounds nice. Although I'll probably do what I always do--get that relief in the first few sips then hand it off to Mr. Nina to finish. (Lightweight) I've always said I'm a cheap drunk.

No comments: