6.14.2007

Rewatching Fahrenheit 9/11

My work has ended for now and won't begin again until the end of the month. That's given me a lot of free time this week and I've been spending some of it watching movies in our collection. Today's choice was Fahrenheit 9/11. It's been some time since I watched it. I chose to watch it to see how some of the information applies at this point in history and mostly, how it would make me feel today. I gotta admit: I was more moved watching it today than I was when I first saw it.

The images of the injured and dead Iraqi citizens, many of them children, had me crying so deeply, I was practically hyperventilating. Why, I wondered. Why was I more affected today? About the only answer I could come up with was because that damn blood bath is still going on every second of every day, the number of Iraqi civilians dead estimated to be over a million, all largely to GW & Co's. (and their Saudi buddies and god knows who else) agenda to get their hands on that oil.

Also more disturbing to me today was a scene filmed in D.C. A mother of a soldier killed in Iraq wanted to visit D.C. At the time the documentary was made, she was questioning why her son was killed. What was the purpose? The point? She already knew the war was based on lies. Her pain was understandably and undeniably deeper than any pain I can imagine. Upon her arrival outside the White House lawn, she was greeted by a woman sitting inside a tent, protesting the war. The mother listened to her and nodded. However, up walked some uptight, clueless white middle-aged bitch with expensive looking sunglasses and perfectly coiffed hair, talking about all of these protestors being nothing more than a "stage". Well, that sparked the mother's pain. She turns to clueless one and says "my SON died in Iraq and I want to know WHY!" Clueless bitch is also obviously lacking in sympathy, compassion, empathy. Instead of saying something like "Oh gosh, I am SO sorry" she says "well a lot of people have lost loved ones."

Wow. Brilliant answer. Cold hearted wench. For a brief second, I visualized myself having the power to reach through the screen and the space-time continuum and so that I could slap her across the face. I hope she's been redeemed since that film, hopefully by watching it and seeing herself.

My anger and pain likely increased again due to the fact that this f'ing war is still being waged and there are still people who support it, although obviously those numbers have dropped dramatically.

The biggest thing I dislike about this film is Mr. Moore's support of the official story. A bunch of men of middle eastern descent hijacked planes with box cutters. He failed to address the lunacy of that theory. Box cutters?? He failed to address that the twin towers collapsed in the exact same fashion as does a building under controlled demolition. He failed to inquire WHY those planes weren't shot down by our military jets. He failed to mention the insanity behind the FBI saying they somehow, in all of that burned up debris, found the, oh what was it, a passport I believe, of one of the suspected terrorists. A miracle right there that some paper surrounded in cheap plastic could survive such a collision, followed by that massive explosion and resulting heat and fire.

3100 people, all dead. And why? It's one of those questions that have been worked over, discussed, theorized and debated to death in the past 5 years, 9 months. I wonder if we will ever have the real truth presented to us in its entirety. Doubtful. Afterall, according to Uncle Sam, to quote one of Jack Nicholson's characters: "You can't handle the truth!" Can't handle or won't tolerate.......

1 comment:

tkn said...

not only did they find the passport, they somehow knew it was the passport of one of the hijackers! amazing investigative work, mere hours after the collapse!

i saw an internet video awhile back called oil, smoke and mirrors about how 9-11 and oil and the war are all tied together. i had to download google video player, but its worth it.