4.15.2006

kewel moments of serendipity

i absolutely love those moments where some thought, intention, desire i have put out into the universe is magically answered. and i especially love it even more when i don't have to really put much effort into the process. it is like swimming downstream with the current rather than upstream.
in my previous post, i discussed the volcanic dream i had, which has left me wondering ever since if i had a prophetic dream. since writing that post, i have seen article after article, including in our own small town paper, about tetonic plate movements and the potential for volcanic activity as a result. when i'm not feeding my internet addition, i record books onto audio cassette for a living. my latest book available for me to read, that i picked up last week? a survival guide for earthquake victims. not only was it a survival guide, but a survival guide for the particular geographic area in which i live.
coincidence? i think not.
for some time now i have had the desire to reconnect with an old friend whom i lost contact with. he was like a big brother to me, protective and kind to me from the get-go, and our relationship was sibling-like in its nature. last week i had a dream where i was embracing someone who felt very familiar. it felt as though i was saying hello again to an old friend. a name went through my mind as i hugged him. the same name of this friend of mine.
so yesterday afternoon i decided on a whim to do an internet search for him. now whenever i have done this in the past for other long-lost friends, i have always come up short handed. however, with this friend, he came up in the #5 spot in my search. i went to the website, found his contact information and sent him an e-mail. 10 minutes tops. all so very easy. almost too easy. you see, i tend not to trust moments such as these given i have created a life that has been primarily about struggle and forced will. when things happen so easily like this, i tend to have that "look over my shoulder" distrustful feeling. can my life really be more like this and less about struggle? yes, i believe it can.
what was such a wonderful feeling, for me, was one i had this morning. i hadn't checked my e-mail box to see if my long ago friend had responded. but i knew that even if i didn't hear back from him, that was ok. the idea that i had had the desire to contact him and how easy it was, and the fact that i had found him and did indeed contact him was enough for me. the results from here on out were not important to me. and that is truly a miracle for someone like me, ms. results-oriented control freak that i am. i enjoyed that journey, albeit it brief, of simply seeing a desire manifest so easily.
that being said, he did respond back, with enthusiasm. his old gift of gab not changing one bit, it felt as though we simply picked up where we left off some 8 years ago.
those serendipitous moments.............all right there for the taking. so quiet is the voice and the urgings, pointing us to those moments. but so loudly powerful are the feelings within when the results fulfill our desire.
nina

No comments: