10.24.2007

F U AOL (amongst others)

Rather pissy today. Yesterday was the first day in weeks I finally felt purely healthy, back on my feet, you know the deal. This morning? Woke up with a cold virus Mr. Nina brought home. That's what happens when you're married or partnered up--you tend to share everything.

When I'm (again!!) mended and feeling well, I'm getting the hell away from AOL and going to a local ISP. I had 3 phone calls yesterday from their "tech support" department. These supposed "technical experts" had me doing things to my computer that only fucked it up even more. Instead of one issue, I suddenly had 3. Their brilliant suggestion? Uninstall and reinstall, which is the techno geeks real way of saying "haven't a clue what to do or what's wrong". No fucking way, I said, was I going to do that. And besides, I don't have the software. That's ok, I was told, just go to Walmart. Uh, don't have one of those (thank god) in my town, says I. Well then call around until you find one, I was told.

Uh, no. How about you send me a disc in the mail, says I (knowing full well though that I wasn't about to use it, knowing full well I was done with their controlling virus-infested software). Nope, we don't do that any longer.

You've got to be kidding, I said. What if I can't find a local store that carries your disc?

I don't know what to tell you, I was told by the brilliant techie.

Fuck you, AOL. You've lost (another) customer.

Another "fuck you"? Blockbuster. I blogged about these folks a month or two ago, about how they're raising their prices and eliminating some of their "perks" on their monthly internet rental plans. Their service is deplorable. Their selection, dismal. I've been waiting for Whose Afraid of Virginia Wolf for 4 months now, even though in my queue it shows it being available. I've had 3 different customer services reps tell me they will locate it at another warehouse and ship it. Never happened. We're switching back to Netflix at weeks end.

Ordered some items yesterday from a fairly large company. First time doing so, and it will be my last. Customer service rep was surprisingly rude and snide and only raised the bar on her attitude when I said I didn't want to hear about their sales promotions, just wanted the items I had ordered. She gave a rude "thank you" and hung up on me. Fuck you. Won't be returning to your company.

Also had more religious visitors, Mormons. I am always polite and respectful to them. They're only kids afterall who have been brainwashed since birth. I feel for them. Anyway, I've decided to type up a list of my beliefs and hand it off to them (and to other such visitors). They come onto my property and ignore the "No Solicitors" signs. I don't ask for such visits. It's time I let them know of my beliefs, since that's what they are doing to me. I'll also include a list of questions for them to ask their Church Leaders, all in the hopes it will spark something within these youngsters to think for themselves, to see how manipulated, unintentionally or not, they have been. I give a blessing to these kids--but I give an F U to the church leaders, at least until they own up to their real intentions.

And lastly, an F U to people who are sick but go out in the world anyway, sneezing all over the place, spreading their germs and viruses for all. If you are sick and IF you can afford it or have sick pay, STAY HOME. Please.

3 comments:

nolocontendere said...

Sic 'em, Neener.

We're in with Netflix this season too. BB got too undependable and since the local BB store has decided to go heavy on the dumb teen angst and romantic comedies, it was easy to choose to spend eight bucks less a month.
Also it surprises me that you stayed so long with AOL. I won't let one of their discs within a 1/4 mile of any of my computers. Once their garbage is in a machine it literally takes it over, as you well know. You'll never get rid of it all, either. The only way is to reformat the hard drive, it's that ugly. Going broadband?

crallspace said...

Hey you.

I've never heard anything good about AOL- dump em!

I'd like to see this list of beliefs... may be good to give to religi'ites comin to the door.

Nina said...

yeah, i know about AOL's ugly spider arms and their infiltration into your system. i've stayed with them out of laziness and procrastination, that and the hassle of having to remember who has my e-mail addy. broadband is ridiculously expensive (imo that is), so we'll stay with dial-up and go with peak. at least they're local (so i'm not feeding into the massive globalization machine). and...if they peeve me off i can march down there and let them see my face. i used them with an employer and was pretty impressed.

we canceled ball buster last night.

when i've knocked this cold virus out of my system and am more cognizant, i'll see about posting those beliefs. until them, i'm headed back to the couch and my blanky...