9.29.2006

Fighting For The American Worker

I stumbled upon this website yesterday. Why this organization hasn't been featured on the major media stations, I haven't a clue. Or maybe I do........
Anyway, here is their mission, as stated on their website:
Our mission is to unite the 50 million workers in Change to Win affiliate industries whose jobs cannot be outsourced and who are vital to the global economy. We seek to secure the American Dream for them, and for all working people, including:
A paycheck that supports a family
Universal health care
A secure retirement
The freedom to form a union to give workers a voice on the job
This gives me hope. There is an ever- growing trend of workers who have simply been unable to achieve the "American Dream". They are now organizing and vocalizing. And we all need to support them with our voices and our dollars (if we are able).
Check out their website (as linked in my title). Let's put an end to Slave Labor once and for all.

No comments: