7.16.2006

Ask And Ye Shall Receive. Does that mean UFO's too?

last night around midnight, my hub and i decided to take advantage of the clear night skies. we gathered the blankets and pillows and settled down for a nightly star viewing. as we lay there silently, i thought to myself "it's been about a year since i saw a 'ufo' in the night sky. i'd really like to see another one." as an afterthought, i said to myself "it would be really cool to see one during the day."
as i watched the sky, i got this peaceful feeling. i thought it didn't really matter if i saw a ufo or not. what i was witnessing was beautiful and spectacular on its own.
after seeing a shooting star, hub and i decided to go inside and retire for the evening. i forgot about my desire to see a ufo and quickly drifted off to sleep.
this morning, as i was outside on my patio enjoying a quiet breakfast of cereal and freshly picked blueberries, i noticed something in the sky. it struck me as odd. it seemed to be out of place. it looked like a long cylinder with a small tail at the end. no wings. i remember thinking how wide it was. it was headed due west and was absolutely silent. at first i thought, given its size, maybe it was a local aircraft--a glider of some sort. but then i realized it was flying way too fast for a glider. it wasn't gliding--it had a definite course it was charting. and a local craft would have been loud. i determined it was even too fast for a regular jetliner and certainly too large, given the elevation. i later determined you could have fit 2-3 jets to cover the length and 3 or so jets to cover the width. we have enough air traffic over our house for me to distinguish between the different aircraft. this was something i have never seen in the daytime skies.
given it was moving along at a fast clip, i raced inside to grab my digital camera and told my spouse. he came outside with me and grew all excited. he kept insisting it was a ufo. "whatever it is, it's flying out in space," he kept saying. i was able to get two shots as it headed off into the horizon. however, when i uploaded them onto my computer, after zooming in as much as my photo editor program will allow me to, nothing appeared in the picture. don't know if that's due to my camera's pixelation or my photo editor software. or perhaps it's something altogether mysterious, much as this object itself was. (if anyone reading this has a good photo editing program and knows more about photo editing than i do-which is next to nothing-please contact me and i will gladly send you the two photos i took.)
the next step, we decided, was to check the nasa website. i kept thinking that it looked like the space shuttle. so after going to spaceflight.nasa.gov, there was no shuttle or ISS (international space shuttle) trackings. the shuttle is headed our way--but it's coming from the west, headed east and going to the north of us (the border of canada). this object was headed due west.
so who knows what it was. i used to believe that all unidentified objects in the sky were craft from other galaxies. other intelligient beings. now i have come to a place where i simply don't know. while i absolutely believe in life on other planets, in other galaxies (how people still don't know that is something i have a hard time being understanding of), i also believe there are so many projects and technologies our government and our military have been exploring and developing. it wouldn't surprise me one bit if one of these craft i have seen in the past 5 years (today's sighting making it 3) were one of 'ours'.
but until such information is made factual for my eyes and mind, i tend to lean towards the side of the mystery. this was not just about me seeing a ufo. it was about me making an intention, releasing it and having it come back to me in a surprising way. it's about my growing awareness, my "remembering" if you will, that we are not alone. we are part of some grand cosmic, wonderous intelligence that is always available to us to tap into. its scope beyond what our brain's are able to fully comprehend given our current evolution. whether this object i saw today was local or not doesn't really matter much to me. what matters is that last night i had the intention of seeing a ufo in the sky. the day sky. a desire i surrendered and actually forgot about as i went to sleep. a desire that came back to me, just 11 hours later.
that in and of itself is pretty darn cool. i may be just a little spot in this thing called life. but like all the other 'spots', i am equally as powerful, at least according to the laws of the universe. and that is about the most empowering gift i can imagine.

No comments: